Thursday, April 7, 2011

The World in My Head

I loath the fact that i cannot turn all ideas into reality, at least not the way i want them to be.

There is so many times when i'm so inspired by a song and started choreographing in my head (I still have a 9-5 job), it feels almost heaven and hopeful. I love new style that has a hint of contemporary,dance that tells stories. If you want to know what i'm talking about check out Choreo Cookies below, they are my ultimate favorite as of now:

http://www.myvido1.com/wY5FDaaNDbS5kbsB1YXlUP_keone-madrid-mari-martin-vinh-nguyen

P/S : I'm sooooo happy that Keone and Mariel Martin are officially engaged! (I stalked them at FB so often that i felt like a personal friend to them LOL)

The choreography that molds in my head is usually more like a concept rather than very specific details. I might have steps to be placed on certain point of a song but they are like, vague.
Then the frustrating part comes

I do not necessarily have the skill to dance to the song the way i want to
I do not necessarily have sufficient number of dancers to do the formation
The idea might not turn out the way i want it to be or worse, it DIED before i finish choreographing

Sobssssssssssssssssssssssss

I do not plan to become a famous dancer. I want to be IN the song and express.
When i love a song i wish i can show you the world i see in it.

No comments: